Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Single time - good time

I am not single right now, but not so long ago I was single for two marvelous, frustrating, incredible, and miserable years. Being single for me was a mixture of all of this contrary feelings. I can honestly say that it was most prolific time in my life. Why? Because I had to define for the second time in my life who I am. If you are in a relationship you automatically give up some of things that defines you. I love being in a relationship do not understand me incorrectly, but look at some couples, they have usually similar ideas about world, they often like spending spare time in the same way, sometimes they even look similarly, and that’s cute of course, but… for me a question raises is this really them. What will left of their ideas  if they are separated somehow? When I became single after 11 years of being in relationship, I had to ask myself all of these questions: which part of my life is actually mine, what do I like, what do I think, why I do some of the things? Why do I spend my holidays every year in a cottage house if one of my biggest dream ever was to see the world? And every year I promised myself that next year we will go to the Crimea. We never did and there was always a good argument why not this time. I do not blame anyone, I just think that you have to be alone for some time to define for yourself what is really important for you. Which things you can give up because you love somebody and which are the core of you and without them you are only partly the person who you want to be. Therefore, if you are single you have an unique opportunity to get to know the person which should be most important in your life – you. Use this time and no matter whether you will be single for life, or one day you will decide to start a relationship, this time can be the most precious in your life. It was in mine.
I am SGL International Group on facebook - Join us!
I am SGL Tumblr blog

No comments:

Post a Comment